It’s Friday Food Blog! Yay! We have as our guest blogger this week,my friend Brandy Bright! This is Brandy’s second guest blog with us! Please check out her cookbook … It’s full of awesome healthy recipes. http://www.mbpowercouple.com/
As always, thank you for reading our blog. Don’t forget the launch for Team Awesomism is on September 19! We are super excited about our new project!
Taco Shells “Taco night brings the
(blended) family together!”
“Getting the hang of making these tacos! Fun, Simple & easy
for this busy, full-time working mom AND my kids love
them!” ~Nicole Lemire (Mike’s ex wife!)
Here is what you need:
● Corn Tortillas (we love sprouted corn tortillas)
● Avocado or Grapeseed Oil (higher smoke point)
● Garlic Salt
● Limes (optional but highly recommended)
1. Fill a small frying pan with oil and turn on medium heat*
2. Add 1 tortilla and cook on both sides until lightly crispy
3. Remove from oil and fold in half with 2 forks to create a shell
4. Sprinkle with garlic salt to taste
5. Half of our house likes to top our taco shells with fresh lime juice
*Depending if you are using electric or gas stove, you may have to
play with the correct temperature setting to set the oil for optimal
cooking of your shells. We use medium heat on a gas stove.
We usually go through a ton of tacos on taco night so add more oil
to your pan as needed. We like our tacos with ground turkey or my
crockpot whole chicken, black beans, cheese, avocado, tomatoes,
Sriracha and lactose free sour cream.