I am so happy to have as my guest blogger today.. my great niece Hannah!!Here is her favorite recipe for Cream Puffs
She is only 8 years old, but is already and awesome cook/Baker!
She loves to cook and bake and I asked her to share with us, one of her favorite recipes.
She does change the recipe a bit by putting powder sugar on top or powered cocoa! Both of which are awesome variations. She also, said you can change the fillings if you don’t want ice cream.
She said the hardest part of this recipe is “not eating the chocolate”
She said the recipe is very easy to make… her one suggestion is to make sure you you stir really fast because the ingrediants are still hot…so when you add the eggs make sure you do not let them cook!
Thanks for reading my Friday Food Blog with my Guest Blogger Hannah…
Here is a list of ingredients needed:
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 Tbsp +2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream/whipped cram/pudding
A list of tools need for cooking:
- 6 or 12-cup muffin tin
- Cooking spray
- Medium pot
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Dry measuring cups
- Large bowl
- Small microwave-safe bowl
- Serrated knife
- Cutting board
- Ice cream scoop
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Start adding water, 4 tablespoons of butter and salt to medium post. Then heat over medium-high until it’s melted and boils
- Add flour. Stir it with spatula until the paste becomes thick
- Cook it for 1 minute, constantly mix it up until it turns into a smooth ball of dough, then remove from heat and set aside
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl, throw them away and then wash your hands. Whisk until it’s smooth
- Add dough for egg. Mix it with large whisk vigorously until it turns smooth and incorporated
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin cups and fill them each about halfway
- Bake and set the time about 30 minutes or until it’s puffed and deep golden brown, let it cool down for 10 minutes
- Spoon in your ice cream/pudding/whipped cream
- Dip in Chocolate
1 thought on “Cream Puffs Recipe”
So fun. She is on her way to big things!