Corn, corn and more corn! Everything is coming up corn! Corn is used in a lot in Tex-Mex dishes… I figured the Taco Uppercut seasoning would be perfect as an addition to so many recipes, not just Tex-Mex …Peyton started, especially those with corn!
All four of my kids really love corn… But Peyton loves it the most… Ever since he was little, corn was always something that he wanted to have as part of his meals.
Trust me I was never upset that he loved vegetables. Another reason why I always liked that they loved corn is…. corn is so easy to add to so many different recipes. It is such a multi purpose vegetable… just like Taco Uppercut is a multi Purpose Seasoning!
“Thinking outside the box” with the Taco Uppercut… one of the first things that he decided to do was, put it on popcorn. When I was a kid growing up in Chicago, we used to get those bags of Carmel popcorn… cheese popcorn and regular popcorn… I was always a fan of those… So I’ve always tried to get my kids to eat flavored popcorn.
My oldest son and Peyton were the two that loved popcorn the most, and Peyton really loves flavored popcorn. It is his go to favorite snack when he’s trying to relax at night or at a movie. So when he decided to add Taco Uppercut to his popcorn, I thought well let’s see if this really works. He made some popcorn and added the Taco Uppercut to the freshly popped popcorn… shook it and poof he had an amazing snack! I have to admit… its one of my favorite flavors of flavored popcorn….
Once we realized the Taco Uppercut was amazing on popcorn we decided to figure out how many other ways can we use Taco Uppercut with corn…. So the journey began to figure this out!
Peyton’s next Recipe was to make a Tex-Mex corn topping… He called it his Tex-Mex version of a Chicago dog! Chicago dogs are one of my favorite foods… I’m not ashamed to admit that… Being born and raised in Chicago I ate a lot of them growing up. Peyton considers himself a Texan…So he decided to have his version… Here’s the link for the recipe for that.
One of our favorite ways to eat corn, is on the cob… we especially love it coming off the grill… So I decided what about making a Taco Uppercut butter spread to put on corn on the cob…I took a tablespoon and a half of butter, a quarter teaspoon of Taco Uppercut heated them together and put them on the corn… It was fantastic!!
Last but not least… Taco Uppercut Cornbread… yes, you read that right! we took traditional cornbread and made it with a Taco Uppercut twist!
Quick and easy… here is the recipe…
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Taco Uppercut Seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 stick (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in the honey, and milk. Once it is fully mixed, Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and Taco Uppercut. Add the milk/butter/sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients. Whisk until just blended. Do not overmix…. better to have a few lumps, than overmix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into your prepared muffin pan, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are set and golden in color. Cool the muffins for several minutes in the pan, serve warm.
Thanks so much for reading my blog! As always… I love hearing your feedback, and would love to see your Taco Uppercut/corn recipes!
Be sure to follow Peyton and I on all social media as well as White Bulls BBQ!
Here is another awesome Tex-Mex recipe… you can use with Corn tortillas ……..
Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and Clubhouse, Team Awesomism on Twitter and Instagram, and Chris Apple/White Bull’s BBQ on Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin and Twitter, and subscribe to his Youtube channel!